Premier Exhibitions, Inc.
Atlanta-based Premier Exhibitions, Inc. is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ:PRXI) in the business of developing and touring museum quality exhibitions. The company is currently seeking a highly qualified Assistant Registrar. Working closely with colleagues, the assistant registrar will fulfill registration and 'hands-on' collections management responsibilities related to the traveling exhibitions. The ideal candidate will be an extremely organized, proactive, and energetic individual who loves to travel, and is willing to relocate to Atlanta, GA.
Duties and responsibilities require attention to the following elements:
- The care, handling and oversight of objects in the exhibitions.
- Physical installation and deinstallation of exhibitions both domestically and abroad, including packing and unpacking crates.
- Creation and maintenance of Security and Log Notebooks for each venue.
- Preparation of condition reports.
- Maintenance of accurate and up-to-date records of exhibitions, as well as other data in the collections management system.
- Organization, rehousing, and tracking of objects in storage.
- Acting as a representative of Premier Exhibitions Inc. during installation, communicate with venue staff, assess issues and often come up with creative and safe solutions.
- Acting as a liaison between contractors and venue staff associated with the collection during installation.
- Addressing maintenance issues which arise during the course of exhibitions.
- Masters Degree in Museum Studies, Anthropology, or related field.
- Minimum of two years registration experience with exhibition experience preferred.
- Available for travel (domestically and internationally) and extended hours as the project demands.
- Knowledge of museum registration methods, as well as proficiency with collections database systems (FileMaker Pro is a plus).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Should be able to regularly lift 40 lbs. and stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work independently and with others in a fast-paced environment.
This position is a full-time salaried position in Atlanta. Please send cover letter, resume, a minimum of two professional references, and salary requirements to:
E-mail: HR@prxi.com or fax: 678-969-0459
Close Date: June 20, 2012
Back to positions available